Saturday, April 5, 2014

Onion Soup

Being in my third year of college and my fifth year living away from home, I don't cook for myself as often as I think I should. I mean, besides peeling the film off of pre made pasta and sticking it in the microwave. I want 2014 to be a year of self-improvement where I teach myself some of the skills necessary to consider oneself an adult, and of my goals is to learn how to cook and experiment with new recipes. Gotta start somewhere :)
Today, Max and I made french onion soup! We used this recipe, minus the thyme. The process went souper, other than burning our first round of baguette slices in the oven... we somehow didn't set off the fire alarm, so all was well.



It was so delicious :) We curled up on the couch afterwards and watched The Parent Trap. Nothing like some old-school Lindsay Lohan and homemade soup on a windy Saturday!
♡ Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment