Sunday, April 13, 2014

Salad Days

I am sitting on my bed next to my open window, listening to spring peepers and watching the full moon appear brighter as twilight turns to night. Today was 80 degrees, and tomorrow is supposed to be just as beautiful. I got a summer job as an office assistant at my college last week, and every time I remember that I'm staying in Ithaca this summer I can't help but smile.
Max and I biked to Buttermilk Falls state park yesterday. We ate pb&j's looking out over the turquoise water, and played baseball with sticks and pinecones. The walls of the gorges were covered in a layer of ice that was melting into the water, so it was too cold to swim, but we waded in anyway. We ended our trip with smoothies at Dolce Delight, a little bakery across the street from the Circle Apartments where we live.



Later, a few of my friends and I had tickets to see Seth Meyers perform stand-up at our school's gigantic athletic center. We laughed our asses off for a few hours, then came home and watched a few episodes of a show called "Sex Sent Me to the ER" and laughed some more. It was a wonderful day with friends and a boy who I love. :)
There are times when I would pay up for a cochlear implant that would render me unable to hear country music, but tonight, the sound of it from downstairs is nice. I am grateful for this time in my life.
♡ Kt

No comments:

Post a Comment